vmstat format for Red Hat 7.x systems

Tom Georgoulias tgeorgoulias at mcclatchy.com
Mon Mar 28 22:48:09 CEST 2005

Ever since I've started testing hobbit to replace big brother, I've
found that I need to force the use of the debian3/linux 2.2 vmstat
output format for the handful of systems I have that still run Red Hat
7.1 with 2.4 kernels.  As a result, I've been maintaing my own local
patch that modifies do_vmstat.c, misc.c, misc.h to handle this.  Keeping
my local patch updated is much easier since the post RC6 v2 patch came
out, since I need to modify only misc.c from now on (thanks for
simplying that Henrik!  ;).

Before I ramble on anymore, I was wondering if others were having
success with vmstat graphing on Red Hat 7.x in its default form with
Hobbit.  It'd be nice to not have to maintain my own local patch, but
I'm not sure how customized some of our 7.x systems really are.

Just wondering.

Tom