[hobbit] Local Machine stat

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Mar 24 08:31:24 CET 2005

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 12:33:54PM +0530, Soumya K. Das wrote:
> How do I get the local machine stat of the server? I have installed
> BBclient,  but I am not sure that should I write in the bb-host file and

The bbclient has it's own bb-hosts file. It should look like this

10.0.0.1   hobbit.foo.com   # BBDISPLAY
10.1.2.3   myserver.foo.com #

The first line is the IP-address and hostname of your Hobbit server,
the second line is the IP-address and hostname of the local server you
are installing the client on. If it's the same server then leave out
the second line (although it won't do any harm to leave it in).

> what directives should I give for monitoring CPU, Disk, Memory.

None, this is controlled by what modules you enable in the client, and
everything is enabled by default.

You may want to install some of the client-side extensions like
bb-memory and the LARRD bottom-feeder (for stuff like netstat and
vmstat graphs).