[hobbit] How to integrate Hobbit and MRTG

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Mar 23 20:13:03 CET 2005

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 11:25:43AM -0600, Milburn, John A. wrote:

> Will this interfere with bbmrtg.pl?
> I am currently using it with mrtg-rrd.cgi to generate graphs as needed.

I dont think it will interfere.

First, it only triggers if you actually configure MRTG to save the
data it collects in an RRD-file in the Hobbit directory. Not something
you would do by accident, I think.

Second, the way bbmrtg.pl works (as far as I know) is to send a status
message that includes links directly to the MRTG-generated graphics.
It doesn't use the Hobbit graph-tool.

So I don't think there will be any problem in using bbmrtg.pl with
Hobbit after this.