Need help to debug

Asif Iqbal iqbala-hobbit at qwestip.net
Fri Mar 18 20:34:01 CET 2005

I have a Sol 8 running bb1.9c client. It has multiple interface.

I did a route get to find out which interface the client takes to send the data to
hobbitd on the server. Then I put the IP of that interface and name (that matches to that
IP in the /etc/hosts file) in the bb-hosts file in both the hobbitd
server and bb1.9c client. I started BB client and it started fine.

I verified that the client can talk to hobbitd server on port 1984.

Now I also snoop on the hobbitd server for the client's IP and I see
packets are coming in.

How do I check for the hostnmae.service that should be showing up in the
hobbitdboard, but it is not?

Thanks

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu