[hobbit] DURATION tag

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Mar 16 10:08:09 CET 2005

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 12:32:26AM -0500, Kevin Hanrahan wrote:
> I typically get the alert message closely followed by the recovery message
> which doesn't make sense since if the poll time is 5 min. I would expect the
> alert and recovery to have some seperation in them but they seem to have the
> same timestamp....I will verify that.
>
> Yes, I am running RC5 plus the patch for the duplicate recovery messages
>
> I need to qualify this...It seems that this is a problem but I can't say for
> certain yet since I haven't tried to manually cause high cpu load for <20
> minutes but I will try that. I just wanted to see if anyone else had seen
> any similar symptoms

I use the DURATION setting myself, and haven't seen any alerts where
it was not observed.

I'd like you to dig into the history logs for one of these
occurrences and get the timestamps for when it went red and then back
to green, and the correllate that with the notifications.log file of
when alert- and recovery-messages were sent.

I you'd rather not, then just send me the ~/data/hist/HOSTNAME.cpu
file and the output from "grep HOSTNAME~/data/acks/notifications.log".