hobbitd_alert --test

ZanDAhaR allan at zandahar.net
Mon Mar 14 23:50:08 CET 2005

Hi all,

Just sortof an extension to my post last week about the downtime= paramater
being ignored and exclude times passing midnight etc.

I have been looking at the hobbitd_alert --test command and using it to
troubleshoot some of our alerting issues and had a simple question. Is it
possible to specify a time param to simulate what would happen at a certain
time of day ? The reason I ask is I don't want to find out the hard way and
be woken up at 4am when something that isnt supposed to page...does.

Not sure if its capable of doing that already so if so can someone please
provide the sytntax. If not then could people possibly voice thier opinion
on the idea :)

Cheers
Allan