[hobbit] Who's using

Robert Edeker idxman01 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 17:37:43 CET 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 23:47:02 -0500, Jeffcoat, Al <ajeffco at orhs.org> wrote:
> During the presentation, he asked who else is using BB/Hobbit.  There used
> to be a client list on the bb4.net page, which is no longer there.  So I
> figured I'd solicit the list to see who else is using Hobbit or BB
> (commercial or free), to answer the only question he asked that I couldn't.

As you would gather from my previous offline email to you, we're using
hobbit and BB.  I currently work outside the main IT department, but
we have several AIX, FreeBSD and Windows servers along with some
routers to monitor.  The big iron side within IT has been using BB for
several years for the various ibm/hp servers, but I'm not really sure
what the windows guys are doing.

(our windows monitoring only consists of connection and http)

We've tried to introduce them [ms/novell guys] to various oss aspects
such as BB and TWiki, but there doesn't seem to be any adoption..  I
know they have other monitoring tools, but I think it makes them feel
better to pay for them.

-r