[hobbit] BOARDBUSY messages in logs

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Mar 4 18:12:33 CET 2005

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 12:00:22PM -0500, Stuffle, David wrote:
> I am still seeing BOARDBUSY messages in my logs like the following:
> larrd-status.log:
> 2005-03-04 11:36:11 Tried to down BOARDBUSY: Invalid argument

This one is harmless, and happens when Hobbit shuts down. The master
daemon (hobbitd) sends a shutdown-message to all of the
hobbitd_channel worker modules, then marks the shared memory segments
used for communication with the modules for deletion. Depending on how
fast the workers respond, they may try to access the shared memory
segment when it has been deleted, and you'll get this message.

> My log files don't seem to be getting updated properly and I'm wondering if
> this has anything to do with it.  I'm on Fedora.

Which log files, specifically ? The only files that Hobbit normally
updates while running are the historical logs in the data/hist/ and
data/histlogs/ directories - and they only get updated when there are
status changes.