[hobbit] unexpected green mails

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Mar 3 23:15:41 CET 2005

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 08:19:38PM +0000, Robin Wood wrote:
> I've just put rc4 on so I'll see if anything does get fixed

Do pickup the post-RC4 patch, it has the final fix for the green
mails. http://www.hswn.dk/beta/post-RC4.patch

> two questions though, first why would things stop reporting?

Most common cause: The server was rebooted, and the client was not
setup to restart automatically after a boot.

> I'm monitoring 3 different boxes, one local, 2 remote on different
> hosts, what constitutes "stopping reporting"?

A status in Hobbit (and BB) has a lifetime - default is 30 minutes.
Normally a status is refreshed every 5 minutes, so it stays "alive".
If Hobbit sees that a status has not been updated for so long that its
lifetime has been exceeded, it goes into the "stopped reporting"
(purple) state.

> The other is why are some of my green entries smilies and others
>  diamonds?

Smilies mean the color has changed within the past 24 hours.