Alerts REPEAT time

Stuffle, David dstuffle at deltafaucet.com
Thu Mar 3 16:28:08 CET 2005

Hello,
I am seeing a few issues regarding alerts.

1.  I have a device called Cisco8.24 that has been red for a few days but I
just now enabled alerting.  It is now alerting me via email once every
minute.
2.  Although I have added the --repeat=15 option to the page channel in
hobbitlaunch.cfg, the info column still shows Repeat is 30m.  Is the info
column only getting alert info from the hobbit-alerts.cfg.
3.  I am seeing the following message in my log files:
    e.g. page.log:
    2005-03-03 09:55:32 Tried to down BOARDBUSY: Invalid argument

Here are some of my config settings:

hobbitlaunch.cfg:
 [bbpage]
        ENVFILE /usr/local/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
        NEEDS hobbitd
        CMD hobbitd_channel --channel=page   --log=$BBSERVERLOGS/page.log
hobbitd_alert --repeat=15

hobbit-alerts.cfg:
HOST=Cisco8.24 SERVICE=*
        MAIL $dstuffle

I have installed the post-RC4 patch.  I was getting the errors in the log
files before the patch but I'm not sure about the once per minute paging.  I
have looked through the log files and I don't see anything relevant to this.
Although, the page.log file is not getting populated with anything other
than the above error message, and it's only getting that when I restart
hobbit.

Thanks for any assistance.
David Stuffle

those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.