Possible bug dropping test

Werner Michels (Ext Lists) wmlist_ext at terra.com.br
Wed Jul 27 14:53:25 CEST 2005

Hi,

	I think that is the way it should work. I saw that it's not mentioned in the man/doc pages, may be Henrik can include it latter when he's back from he's short and very deserved vacation.

	In the "hobbit/hobbitd_rrd.c" file, around line 140 (see bellow) is mentioned that in the cases where your removing only a specific test from a host, the RRD will not be automatically deleted because of the difficulty to find the correct associated RRD file.

	One suggestion (what can be evaluated by Henrik) is to include a "informative text" who'll be displayed when a "@@droptest" and/or "@@renametest" message is received by the hobbitd_rrd worker module, notifying that the RRD file will not me deleted/renamed.

	Regards
	Werner

From the "hobbit/hobbitd_rrd.c"
Around line: 140
                else if ((metacount > 4) && (strncmp(metadata[0], "@@droptest", 10) == 0)) {
                        /*
                         * Not implemented. Mappings of testnames -> rrd files is
                         * too complex, so on the rare occasion that a single test
                         * is deleted, they will have to delete the rrd files themselves.
                         */