feature request aliasnames

Rolf Schrittenlocher Schrittenlocher at rz.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue Jul 26 14:06:53 CEST 2005

Dear Henrik,

We haven't installed hobbit yet, still using bb, but we want to move as
soon as possible.
We are working with virtual hosts. Our services are linked to virtual
hostnames, each machine may have a number of virtual hostnames. So one
machine should be able to send reports using different hostnames. In bb
we had bbaliasname for that purpose which set a limit of 2 to the number
of names usable. There we had to hack bbinc, bb-bbexttab, etc. It would
be very helpful (if not already done, I didn't get that information in
the docu so far) if hobbit wouldn't have such a limit.

kind regards

Rolf Schrittenlocher

HRZ/BDV, Senckenberganlage 31, 60054 Frankfurt
Tel. Sammelnr. LBS: (49) 69 - 798 28830
Fax: (49) 69 798 28817
LBS: lbs-f at mlist.uni-frankfurt.de

Persoenlich: schritte at rz.uni-frankfurt.de