[hobbit] Hobbit 4.1.0 available - includes Unix client

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jul 25 15:04:16 CEST 2005

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 08:40:33AM -0400, Michael Nemeth wrote:
> Will the  new hobbit client work with the 4.0.4 server?

No, you need 4.1 on the server. The new clients don't generate
any status messages themselves, they just collect a bunch of
output from various commands. It's the server that takes care
of generating the cpu, disk, procs, memory etc. status-messages.

So you need the new server.

> I HAVE successful compiled the server  on my HP-UX system!  Ive not
> installed and tested yet because Ive some
> custom stuff to worry about!

Thanks, my usual HP-UX tester is off-line for a couple of weeks, so
it was nice to get that confirmation.