using bbgen

Daniel J McDonald dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com
Mon Jan 31 17:51:21 CET 2005

I'm trying to port bbmap to hobbit - there have been a lot of hard-coded
little things that needed cleaning, but I'm about 65% of the way
there...

The most recent is the ability to pop up a page created by bbgen.  My
script currently reads:
#!/bin/sh
# @version $Id: statusbbgen.sh,v 2.5 2003/12/12 22:39:05 fredo Exp $
# @copyright 2003
# call bbgen >= 2.5 to create bb4 web page when click on host/group
TEMPBBHOST=$1
BBHOME=/var/hobbit/server/
export BBHOME
#. ${BBHOME}/etc/bbdef.sh
BBHOSTS=${TEMPBBHOST}
export BBHOSTS
BBSKIN="/hobbit/gifs"
export BBSKIN
TEMPLATE="bb"
${BBHOME}/bin/bbgen --hobbitd --template=${TEMPLATE} --embedded
#2> /dev/null

I get an error that it can't figure out the variable MACHINE, but there
is no more bbdef file, so.... how do you set the environment in the new
hobbit world?

I don't know what --embedded was supposed to do either...
--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CNX
Austin Energy

dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com