[hobbit] alerts not emailing

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Jan 28 20:46:58 CET 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 10:46:52AM -0500, Tom Georgoulias wrote:
> Count me in on this.  I've induced a couple of process failures on a
> test system and the email alerts aren't coming through.  What other info
> should I provide or look for?

The status message says:

> status radm200p,nandomedia,com.procs red Fri Jan 28 10:44:38 EST 2005

so it is the "procs" column that is in error.

> HOST=radm200p.nandomedia.com
>         MAIL NOSPAM at nandomedia.com SERVICE=proc COLOR=yellow REPEAT=5m
>         MAIL NOSPAM1 at nandomedia.com SERVICE=proc COLOR=red REPEAT=5m

But here you have rules for the "proc" (no "s") column.

If I setup a config with these rules, but SERVICE=procs, your message
triggers an alert e-mail.

Me thinks it would be nice to have a "test" option for the alert
module, so you can run it with a hostname + testname as input, and it
will tell you which rules match, and which rules does not.