[hobbit] Hobbit + bb-fetch

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Jan 26 21:56:59 CET 2005

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 12:32:45PM -0700, Charles Jones wrote:
> Will Hobbit play nice with bbfetch?  If I recall, bbfetch is run on the
> BBDISPLAY server, and scp's the raw status files generated by the remote
> clients modified $BBHOME/bin/bb.

It might not ... I haven't tried bbfetch myself, so I cannot say.
But it would probably be pretty easy to come up with a script that
picks up the status-files that bbfetch collects, and sends them off
to the Hobbit daemon via the normal Hobbit "bb" command.

> If bb-fetch won't work with Hobbit, it might be nice to incorporate
> similar functionality in, as it is quite useful for situations where
> bbproxy won't do the trick because of one-way firewall issues.

I have some ideas for a Hobbit client, and yes - making it work in
both a "push" (normal client) and a "pull" (bbfetch style) setup
it necessary.