Hobbit + bb-fetch

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Wed Jan 26 20:32:45 CET 2005

Will Hobbit play nice with bbfetch?  If I recall, bbfetch is run on the
BBDISPLAY server, and scp's the raw status files generated by the remote
clients modified $BBHOME/bin/bb. I'm wondering if it would still work
since Hobbit has no bbvar directory...I think it would because I think
bb-fetch uses the $BBTMP variable, and from what I have seen Hobbit
populates all the usual bb variables.

If bb-fetch won't work with Hobbit, it might be nice to incorporate
similar functionality in, as it is quite useful for situations where
bbproxy won't do the trick because of one-way firewall issues.

-Charles