[hobbit] all purple?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Jan 26 20:15:55 CET 2005

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 05:37:03PM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Hi
>
> How can I trackdown this problem: all network tests show up as purple.
> bbgen is yellow, because "Too many purple updates (>30) - disabling
> updates for purple logs". Yeah, good, that helps a lot

This happens if the network tester does not run (or it crashes).
Check the /var/log/hobbit/bb-network.log file, and also the
hobbitlaunch.log (same directory) for messages like "terminated with
signal X".

It's also supposed to drop a core-dump in either the hobbit-user
homedirectory, or ~/server/tmp/

> hobbitd is sometime yellow to, with these messages:
> Latest errormessages:
> Setting up network listener on 0.0.0.0:1984
> Setting up signal handlers
> Setting up hobbitd channels
> Setting up logfiles
> Setup complete

That happens when hobbitd (re)starts. It should not happen unless you
do it manually, or trigger it by changing the setup in
hobbitlaunch.cfg.