[hobbit] Debug mode

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jan 17 13:09:25 CET 2005

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 11:57:01AM +0100, Wim De Houwer wrote:
> Is there any way to replicate all messages received on port 1984 to a
> text file for debugging purposes ?

The simplest way of doing it would be to start a hobbitd_channel
process listening on one of the Hobbit "channels" (probably "status"
or "data" since that is where the test results arrive), and feeding
it to "cat" that dumps it to a file.

It won't give you the raw messages, but the hobbitd-parsed versions -
i.e. messages will have a single line at the top with the data that
hobbit has parsed from the message.

Try adding an entry to hobbitlaunch.cfg like this:

[statuslogger]
	CMD hobbitd_channel --channel=status cat
	LOGFILE /var/log/hobbit/messages.log
	NEEDS hobbitd

This logs all messages on the "status" channel (i.e. "status"- and
"summary"-messages) to /var/log/hobbit/messages.log . Each entry
looks like this:

@@status#6464|1105963415.734609|127.0.0.1||osiris.hswn.dk|conn|1105965215|green|OrdAstILe|green|1105780120|0||0|
status osiris,hswn,dk.conn green man jan 17 13:03:35 CET 2005

[more lines of text from the status message]
@@

The format of the first line is described in the
hobbitd/new-daemon.txt

> Another question: the purple delay in hobbit, is it as documented in
> the original BB specified in minutes ?

Probably, but I'm not quite sure what "purple delay" you are talking
about ?