[hobbit] Hobbit 4.0 RC4 available

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Feb 28 07:29:27 CET 2005

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 06:32:36PM -0500, Stuffle, David wrote:
> Henrik,
> Just to make sure I did it right, I put the patch in the hobbit-4.0-RC4 dir,
> did the following:
> patch -p0 <RC4-hobbitd_alert-crash.patch
> rm Makefile
> ./configure
> make
> make install

That completely correct. You didn't need to re-do the ./configure, but
it doesn't harm.

> Restarted hobbit, and now the hobbitd_alert went purple.  I don't see any
> core files anymore.  Are you seeing this same thing?

The hobbitd_alert message is only sent when there's a crash, so it
going purple is actually a good sign, because it means that everything
runs as it should :-)

Just drop this status with
    ~/server/bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "drop HOBBITSERVERNAME.hobbitd_alert"