[hobbit] purple page grouping & alert acknowledgment

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Feb 25 19:39:20 CET 2005

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 01:13:50PM -0500, Tom Georgoulias wrote:
> Couple of things:
>
> 1.  This may be a dumb question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway.  Should I
> expect to be able to take the ACK code in purple pages and use it with
> the acknowledge alert feature?

Yes, that's the idea.

>  I've been experiementing with turning off big brother on a client
> and causing purple pages, but using the ACK code in the emails does
> not prevent purple pages from continuing, nor does my explanation
> get recorded into the acklog.  ACK works for red & yellow, though.

Hmm - odd. I'll try it out later tonight.

> 2.  I could've sworn that I had read about the ability to merge all the
> purple alerts into a single email or behavior that did that
> automatically, but I can't seem to find it in the docs.  Is that
> possible?

No. I'd like to do some more general merging of alerts - not just
purple ones - but that'll be later.

>  Where can I read up on how to use it?  I'd love to get a single
> alert if a client goes purple that can use a single ACK code to
> disable pages.

OK, I'll let you in on a secret: If you send an acknowledge with
minus-ACKCODE, it will work as an ack for all current alerts on that
host.