[hobbit] maint.pl with no email

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Feb 25 14:23:47 CET 2005

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 07:49:46AM -0500, Asif Iqbal wrote:

> In bigbrother the following code of maint.pl were able to send a page.
>
> "&bbsend("now","$bbpager","page notify-admin.maint enable\n\nThe f
> ollowing at jobs that were scheduled to disable tests have been
> CANCELLED\nDate: " . &POSIX_time(
> $nowtime) . "\n$cancelledby$notification");"
>
> But in Hobbit I tried with the same code and it did not send any
> page.

That is because Hobbit doesn't support the BB "page" protocol. If
you send hobbitd such a request, it is silently dropped. I've updated
the bb man-page to reflect this.

Alerts in Hobbit happen as a result of a "status" message. The magic
"notify-admin" hostname does not exist in Hobbit.

> I have HOST=notify-admin SERVICE=maint
> 	MAIL my.email at here
>
> And when I did the ./bin/bbcmd hobbitd_alert --test notify-admin maint,
> it matches the rule fine.

If you had a host called "notify-admin" with a "maint" status column,
then this rule would control alerts for that status.