maint.pl with no email

Asif Iqbal iqbala-hobbit at qwestip.net
Fri Feb 25 13:49:46 CET 2005

Hi All

In bigbrother the following code of maint.pl were able to send a page.

"&bbsend("now","$bbpager","page notify-admin.maint enable\n\nThe f
ollowing at jobs that were scheduled to disable tests have been
CANCELLED\nDate: " . &POSIX_time(
$nowtime) . "\n$cancelledby$notification");"

But in Hobbit I tried with the same code and it did not send any page.

I have HOST=notify-admin SERVICE=maint
	MAIL my.email at here

And when I did the ./bin/bbcmd hobbitd_alert --test notify-admin maint,
it matches the rule fine.

However 'man bb' shows 'page HOSTNAME.TESTNAME COLOR <additional text>'.
So for testing I ran
	bb 127.0.0.1 "page HOSTNAME.TESTNAME COLOR <additional text>"
but I did not receive any page.

Is that mean I need to have an entry for notify-admin in bb-hosts file?
But that is not a valid hostname. So I am in a predicament now. Is there
a trick/tip to make the page work when using maint.pl?

Thanks

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu