[hobbit] Strange things?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Feb 22 18:13:51 CET 2005

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 06:02:32PM +0100, Ebeling, Lars wrote:

> This is an extract from my bb-hosts file in hobbit:
> 192.168.0.2 leopg9 # BBDISPLAY BBPAGER BBNET bbd http://leopg9/
> 192.168.0.100 Leo
> 192.176.5.1 Duni
>
> This is suddenly reported:
>
> Tue Feb 22 17:54:10 2005 conn ok
>  green <http://192.168.0.2/hobbit/gifs/green.gif>  62.119.162.107 is alive
> (0.46 ms)
>
> A totally different IP-address. That my outside address.

Hobbit will always do a DNS loookup on the hostname to find the IP
of your host - the IP in bb-hosts is only a fall-back measure.
If you want to force network tests to use the IP from bb-hosts,
then add the "testip" keyword to the bb-hosts line, or run bbtest-net
with "--dns=ip"

> xgetenv: Cannot find value for variable HOME

This is unrelated, but it's an odd Unix system that does not have the
HOME environment variable defined ...