[hobbit] Suggestion for Defaults

Asif Iqbal iqbala-hobbit at qwestip.net
Mon Feb 21 20:03:10 CET 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 07:58:28AM, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 12:38:07PM -0500, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> [...]
> This was added in RC2. Doing
>
>     MAIL webmaster at foo.com admin at foo.com COLOR=red
>
> will work as you expect it to. If you have a macro that expands to
> several mail-adresses, then that will work too. Like
>
>     $ADMINS="webmaster at foo.com engineering at foo.com"
>
>     HOST=*
>         MAIL $ADMINS COLOR=red

I noticed if I have it setup like this

HOST=* SERVICE=msgs
	SCRIPT /path/to/script email1 at here.com email2 at here.com FORMAT=TEXT

And then I did a test like ./bin/bbcmd hobbitd_alert --test host1 msgs
I get like this

 *** Match with 'HOST=* SERVICE=msgs' ***
Script alert with command '/path/to/script' and recipient email1 at here.com
Mail alert with command 'mailx -s "BB [12345] host1:msgs is RED" email2 at here.com'

Shouldn't the second like also be part of Script alert instead of Mail
alert?

Thanks for your help

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu