[hobbit] hobbitd purple

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Feb 17 23:59:16 CET 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 04:23:35PM -0600, Thiesfeld, Gordon wrote:
> I installed the post-RC2 patch and 30 minutes later hobbitd went purple.
> The last entry in hobbitd.log is:
> 2005-02-17 15:43:56 hobbitd servername MACHINE='server,domain,com' not
> listed in bb-hosts, dropping hobbitd status
>
> I checked bb-hosts, and it's in there:
> 1.2.3.4   server.domain.com # testip BBDISPLAY BBPAGER BBNET bbd ssh
> http://server.domain.com /hobbit/ https://1.2.3.4 smtp
> apache:http://127.0.0.1/server-status?auto

Someone else said he had the same problem - quite odd, but there must
be something wrong somewhere. I'm also a bit puzzled why this has
popped up with the RC2 release, because there were no changes that
should change this behaviour.

> Did I botch the patch?

Unlikely.

If you could send me your bb-hosts and hobbitserver.cfg files, I'll
see if I can make it happen on my own system. That would ease
debugging.