[hobbit] Migrating BB history to Hobbit

Henrik Storner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Feb 17 15:30:25 CET 2005

In <4214A7C6.9050602 at cisco.com> Charles Jones <jonescr at cisco.com> writes:

>Currently I am forwarding (via BBRELAY option) all of my BB status
>messages to my test Hobbit server.  This allows me to fully test hobbit,
>configure alerts etc, without disrupting my "production" bb server.

>Once I make the full switch to hobbit, what is the best way to move as
>much of the historacle information as possible over to hobbit?  I assume
>I could copy the rrd files over?  What about the history logs?  I mainly
>don't want to lose my year of rrd info.

>From BB's bbvar/ directory, move the "hist" and "histlogs" directories
directly to Hobbit's data/ directory. That way you'll keep all of the
historical status logs.

For the RRD files, they must be moved and renamed. There's a
"moverrd.sh" script in the "hobbit-4.0*/hobbitd/" directory, which
will help you with moving or copying the RRD files from BB to Hobbit.
Note that this script requires that your Hobbit bb-hosts file has all
of the hosts listed.

You cannot move the netstat RRD files over, since the data layout is
different. That goes for the vmstat RRD files from Linux hosts as
well. The rest of the RRD files are compatible between BB/LARRD and
Hobbit.