[hobbit] trying to get netapp filer data into larrd graphs

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Feb 16 23:18:28 CET 2005

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 04:09:47PM -0600, Lowery, Michael wrote:
> Thanks for the pointer!  It makes some sense to me.  But I have the
> ciscocpu external script reporting its output under the cpu column, will
> that have any effect on what I'm trying to accomplish?  I mean if I
> create  a custom rrd script for this, will it interfere with my
> windows/unix hosts cpu graphs that are already being generated?

The way hobbitd_larrd works, then the external scripts can only be
invoked for status messages that it does not know how to handle.
Since "cpu" is well-known and handled internally in hobbitd_larrd, a
script cannot be used to process "cpu" status messages.

> Do I need to configure it to report under its own column?

If you want to do it with a script: Yes.

> Here is what the status message looks like from the ciscocpu script:
>
> @@status#28646|1108591336.263764|10.10.10.22||WAN.jvbs-router.atg.com|cp
> u|1108593136|green||green|1108550383|0||0|
> status WAN,jvbs-router,atg,com.cpu green Wed Feb 16 16:02:16 CST 2005

Wouldn't be hard to add support for this in the standard hobbitd_larrd
handler. Is that "CPU 5 min average" on a line by itself, or is it
just your mail program that added a newline between the "status ..."
and "<br>CPU 5 min average..." ?