[hobbit] hobbitd stops running after 5 minutes

Gerard Lill Gerard at ets.biz
Wed Feb 16 05:33:15 CET 2005

Henrik,

I have been having much the same problem, if not worse.

Bbdisplay has been doing all kinds of weird and less wonderful things;
like not generating entries for the tests which are defined, displaying
some of them, sometimes working, and also going to the beloved purple.

For what it is worth, I checked my BBSERVERHOSTNAME as you suggest; to
find the server's host name, not the FQDN as I had defined in bb-hosts.

So far, (over the last hour or so), Hobbit has been working like a
dream.

Beautiful work on Hobbit too.  I have been using BB for a few years now
(but only in the Windoze environment), and am very very new to Linux
(despite several past attempts).  It did take me a few try's to get
hobbit going; and one thing I found that if your installing hobbit to
the "hobbit user" home directory, apache 2.0 doesn't like aliasing
inside these folders - access denied no matter what.

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work; it certainly shows.