[hobbit] Problem with some hobbit manpages

Frédéric Mangeant frederic.mangeant at steria.com
Mon Feb 14 18:00:22 CET 2005

> > I'm not allowed to access any hobbit manpage whose name
> > include "cgi"
> > (for example bb-hostsvc.cgi.1.html); it results in

> It's Apache that sees the ".cgi" in the filename and mistakes
> it for a CGI script.

> > What can I change besides adding "Options ExecCGI" for my
> > /hobbit/ alias ?

> Dont do that - it will try to run the man-page as a program,
> instead of showing it.
>
> I had this problem on one server, and fixed it a while back.
> I'm not quite sure what I did, but it was probably just
> finding the line
>
>    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
>
> in the Apache config, and removing it. However, this does it
> on a system-wide basis, so if you have CGI scripts enabled
> and allow your users to use CGI by creating files named
> "someting.cgi", then you probably don't want to do that.

As we have some .cgi scripts running, I prefer using man2html.

I've modified $BBHOME/www/help/manpages/index.html like this :

instead of

Maybe you could modify the configure script to ask if man2html is installed,
and generate $BBHOME/www/help/manpages/index.html considering the answer ?

Frédéric Mangeant