[hobbit] Suggestion for Defaults

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Feb 14 07:58:28 CET 2005

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 12:38:07PM -0500, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> I like a way to set the default for the followings
>
> REPEAT, currently it is 30 and I like to change it not for all my 200
> entries separately but as a default value

You set the default repeat interval with the "--repeat=N" option for
hobbitd_alert. Change it in etc/hobbitlaunch.cfg .

> I like to have FORMAT assumed as default to TEXT. Right now I have to
> atleast mentioned the word FORMAT in all my 200 rules separately

FORMAT=TEXT already is the default setting ...

> Same thing for COLOR. Currently I have to mention COLOR=red which I like
> to set as default. Do I set that in the --alertcolors?

If you use "--alertcolors=red" then it cannot be overridden in the
hobbit-alerts.cfg file. So if you do want some tests to send an alert
when they go yellow, then you must use "--alertcolors=red,yellow" (the
default is red,yellow,purple) and add the COLOR=... definition for
each rule or recipient.

> BTW, if I choose COLOR=RED it fails, I assume it is case sensitive?!

Yes, it is. I'll change that, having things case-sensitive for no good
reason is just annoying.

> It would be great if I could Add more than one email alias in the same
> MAIL line.

This was added in RC2. Doing

    MAIL webmaster at foo.com admin at foo.com COLOR=red

will work as you expect it to. If you have a macro that expands to
several mail-adresses, then that will work too. Like

    $ADMINS="webmaster at foo.com engineering at foo.com"

    HOST=*
        MAIL $ADMINS COLOR=red