[hobbit] No Subject On Mail Alerts

Christopher T. Beers ctbeers at syr.edu
Sat Feb 5 06:16:34 CET 2005

I always thought that is how it was supposed to be and that the SMS or
shorter messages just made it smaller and had a subject.  Guess I should
have tried it.

Solaris the mail command does not accept -s but mailx does.  I changed it
in hobbitserver.cfg to mailx and everything works fine.

[hobbit at darwin ~/server]$ ./bin/bbcmd --env=etc/hobbitserver.cfg
hobbitd_alert --test helpme.syr.edu cpu
Matching host:service:page 'helpme.syr.edu:cpu:' against rule line
108:Matched
    *** Match with 'HOST=%.*' ***
Matching host:service:page 'helpme.syr.edu:cpu:' against rule line
109:Matched
    *** Match with 'MAIL ctbeers at syr.edu RECOVERED' ***
Mail alert with command 'mail -s "BB [12345] helpme.syr.edu:cpu is RED"
ctbeers at syr.edu'[hobbit at darwin ~/server]$ mail --help
mail: illegal option -- -
mail: illegal option -- l
mail: Usage: [-ehpPqr] [-f file] [-x debuglevel]
or      [-tw] [-m message_type] [-T file] [-x debuglevel] persons
or      [-x debuglevel]

--
Christopher T. Beers
Lead UNIX Architect - System Infrastructure Services (SIS)

--On February 4, 2005 7:33:16 AM +0100 Henrik Stoerner <henrik at hswn.dk>