[hobbit] Graph Limits

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Feb 2 07:47:32 CET 2005

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 05:10:38PM -0700, Charles Jones wrote:
> Sometimes a large spike can ruin a graph, because the graph then scales
> to the max size of the spike, so the rest of the graph isn't very
> readable as it is now scrunched down to almost a flat line.  Is it
> possible to have an option for Hobbits larrding so that you can define a
> maximum threshold not to extend past?

Yes, but it's actually a feature that exists in RRDtool, which is used
to generate the graphs. Just change hobbitgraph.cfg's [la] definition:

[la]
	... some lines ...
        CDEF:la=avg,100,/
	--upper-limit 3.0
	--rigid
        .... more lines ...

The --upper-limit sets the value for the top of the graph; the --rigid
makes this setting "rigid" so even if there are larger values in the
dataset, the graph will not adapt to show these.

It might be an idea to let this upper value be determined by the CGI
so you can adjust it dynamically. I'll have a look at that.