[hobbit] problems starting hobbit server

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Dec 19 17:21:27 CET 2005

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 10:13:04AM -0600, Scheblein, Adam wrote:
> Recently I did a massive system upgrade, and now whenever I try to start
> my hobbit server I get the following error in the hobbitd.log file
>
> 2005-12-19 10:00:00 Setup complete
> 2005-12-19 10:00:00 Fatal error in select: Bad file descriptor
>
> And it just keeps repeating.

Any odd messages in the hobbitlaunch.log file ? This gets the error
messages from the very early startup-phase of hobbitd.

This error is really one of those "it-cannot-happen" errors.
Meaning that either the error-message is bogus, or something
very weird is going on. Just in case, did you recompile Hobbit
after the upgrade, to make sure the run-time libraries etc. are
in sync with your new system ?