[hobbit] RE : [hobbit] tru64 file system vanished.

Jeffcoat, Al Al.Jeffcoat at orhs.org
Wed Dec 14 02:46:03 CET 2005

I can add more to the mystery of the vanishing messages file...

Yes, the file is still there, it has always been there, and does have data.  However, Hobbit, or the bbclient,  thinks it is gone.  Hobbit does have permission to get to and read this file (verified by su'ing to the hobbit UID, and then more'ing the file).  There are normal message file entries in the log.  It just thinks that it vanished, out of the blue...

We did notice some weirdness in that the server appears to be configured for clustering, however, it is not and has never been part of a cluster.  And, the day that the file vanished, one of our system programmers logged in and ran a self made C program that we are not familiar with.

We'll continue to dig into it, but if anyone has any ideas beyond those mentioned by Nicolas, we'd be greatful.

Al

  _____