alert questions.

Thomas tlp-hobbit at holme-pedersen.dk
Mon Dec 12 09:12:22 CET 2005

Hi All,

What are the different color codes and letters i.e. (R,S) for alerts on
the info page ?

Why will my normal macro config not work ie $NEWHOSTS=host1,host2 but
$NEWHOSTS=%(host1|host2) works ?

I have a alert with a group as above and I have a general alert rule for
the rest of the page. I have the group definition first and then the
page definition second. After the mail receipient on the hostgroup I
have a STOP keyword, but on the page definition still is shown on the
info page (although in another color)

Here is my config:

$ALERT=REPEAT=30 DURATION>17 COLOR=RED
$ALERT_MAIL=REPEAT=30 DURATION>17 COLOR=RED,YELLOW

$SMS-HELPDESK=sms at sms-gateway.mycompany.com
$HELPDESK=helpdesk at mycompany.com

$NEWHOSTS=%(host1|host2)

HOST=$NEWHOSTS EXSERVICE=trends
  MAIL $SMS-HELPDESK $ALERT RECOVERED TIME=w:0800:1559  FORMAT=sms
  MAIL $HELPDESK $ALERT_MAIL RECOVERED TIME=w:0800:1559 STOP

PAGE=customers/dk-customers
  MAIL $SMS-HELPDESK $ALERT FORMAT=sms
  MAIL $HELPDESK $ALERT_MAIL

Should I upgrade to a newer version ? i have tested the rules with
4.1.2p1 from Nov 24.

Best regards, Thomas