[hobbit] Coredump when generating pre-built reports

Morris, Chris (Shared Services) CHRIS.MORRIS at RWEnpower.com
Mon Dec 5 10:59:26 CET 2005

On Friday, December 02, 2005 4:06 PM, Henrik wrote :

>I suspect this is somewhat the same problem both of you are seeing.
>Could you try the attached patch and let me know if it helps ?

Patch applied but still getting the same problem on AIX :-

/usr/local/hobbit/server/bin/hobbitreports.sh: line 78: 19204 IOT/Abort trap
(core dumped) BBWEB=$REPORTTOPURL/$REPDIR $BBHOME/bin/bbgen
--reportopts=$STIME:$ETIME:0:nongr $BBGENREPOPTS $REPORTTOPDIR/$REPDIR

Core was generated by `bbgen'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0xd01ecf40 in raise () from /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o)
(gdb) bt
#0  0xd01ecf40 in raise () from /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o)
#1  0xd020d2c8 in abort () from /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o)
#2  0x1001fce8 in sigsegv_handler ()
#3  <signal handler called>
#4  0x1000b75c in strncpy ()
#5  0x10012fb8 in parse_histlogfile ()
#6  0x10013960 in parse_historyfile ()
#7  0x1000bf28 in init_state ()
#8  0x1000ccb8 in load_state ()
#9  0x2000cf38 in ?? ()

Regards,

Chris

We would like to take this opportunity to send Seasons Greetings to all our customers, suppliers and colleagues and wish you a prosperous New Year. RWE npower will not be sending corporate Christmas cards this year. Instead, we will be making a donation to our chosen corporate charity Macmillan Cancer Relief.

The information contained in this email is intended only for the use of the intended recipient at the email address to which it has been addressed. If the reader of this message is not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination or copying of the message or associated attachments is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender by return email or call 01793 877777 and ask for the sender and then delete it immediately from your system.Please note that neither RWE npower nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan attachments (if any).