[hobbit] Hobbit 4.0.4 released - Alert Script Issue

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Aug 27 11:20:19 CEST 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 10:37:14AM +0200, Peter Welter wrote:
> > It should pick up the old duration from the checkpoint file. What's
> > your hobbitd and hobbitd_alert commands in hobbitlaunch.cfg ?
>
> [bbpage]
>         ENVFILE /usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
>         NEEDS hobbitd
>         CMD hobbitd_channel --channel=page
> --log=$BBSERVERLOGS/page.log hobbitd_alert --trace=/tmp/alerttrace.log
>
> The directory /usr/lib/hobbit/server/tmp/ contains:
>
> -rw-r--r--  1 hobbit hobbit 318947 2005-08-17 10:32 hobbitd.chk

OK, You're running without the alert-module checkpoint file. There are
two things we can do:

1) Add "--checkpoint-file=$BBTMP/alert.chk --checkpoint-interval=600" to
   the hobbitd_alert command in hobbitlaunch.cfg. That way it will
   remember all active alerts when you restart Hobbit.

2) When a new alert was first seen (also after a restart of Hobbit), the
   duration was reset to 0 - instead of using the information Hobbit
   already had about when the status change occurred. I've changed this
   in the code, so that it picks up the duration of the alert from the
   timestamp we keep for when the last status change happened.