http test on switches - fail

Chuck Morrison cmorrison at corniceco.com
Thu Aug 25 00:36:55 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I've set up hobbit (4.1.1) to check for http, conn and ssh on some
switches, but the results have been mixed. All the switches have web
interfaces and I can get to each of them via any browser.

Some of the lower end switches don't appear to send any identifying
information back to the hobbit server. For these switches Hobbit shows a
time for the http connection and graphs it, but shows red and no
identifying info. Hobbit shows a time, graph and green for the high end
switches that return some info about the http server used.

Is there a way to flag this http test so it doesn't go red if it doesn't
receive anything but a connection time ? Or am I misunderstanding how
this works ?

Chuck Morrison