[hobbit] Connection problems with bbproxy

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Aug 9 07:31:58 CEST 2005

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 06:38:12PM -0600, Kasperowicz, Shaun (Contractor) wrote:

> So far I have been able to make the external clients send to the bbproxy
> server, and the bbproxy server can make contact through the firewall to
> the BBDISPLAY server on tcp1984.  However, the BBDISPLAY server is not
> doing anything with the data.  Both the bbproxy and the external client
> are in bb-hosts, and I can see tcp connections being made on both ends
> via snoop.
>
> And this is what I see when I tail the bbproxy logs:
>
> 2005-08-08 16:48:12 10.88.19.38 : status btndev8.disk
> 2005-08-08 16:48:14 10.88.19.38 : status btndev8.top
> 2005-08-08 16:48:38 Server not responding, message lost

BB uses the file $BBHOME/etc/security to list the IP-adresses that
are allowed to connect to the bbd daemon. My first guess would be that
the IP-address that bbd sees for the incoming connections from the
proxy is not listed in this file, which causes the bbd daemon to
drop the connection immediately.

I believe you need to restart BB after changing this file.