[hobbit] Blue alert address on info page

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Aug 6 18:21:18 CEST 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 04:59:29PM +1000, Allan wrote:
> I have an email address that is coming up on the info page for a host
> that is coming up in a blue color, and is also listed twice.
>
> sslcert     customer at there.com (S)    -    -    1d     -    purple,yellow,red
>         ourpager at ourdomain.com (R)    -    -    15m     -    purple,red
>
> The first one comes up from an explicit rule I have for the customers
> host that will notify them if thier ssl certificate is about to expire,
> this alert line also has a STOP param on it so it doesnt go any further
> The second one I think is coming up from a host=* entry I have at the
> very end to match anything that isnt explicitly defined further up the file

The display of "STOP" rules is a bit odd, but I haven't figured out any
better way of doing it. What it boils down to is that when the info-page
generates the display you see, it doesn't know if the "STOP" will
actually be effective (e.g. if there's a TIME=... rule on the STOP rule
then the stop might not take effect, because that rule is skipped).
Therefore it continues going down the list of rules looking for more
rules, and picks up your catch-all rule at the end.

That's why the last e-mail address shows up here. The blue color doesn't
have anything to do with it.