[hobbit] eventlog patch

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Aug 6 17:31:34 CEST 2005

Hi Eric,

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 04:31:05PM -0400, Schwimmer, Eric E *HS wrote:

> I was fiddling around a little bit with the event log reporting code;  I
> added the ability to search through a specific time interval, and also the
> ability to apply a regular expression against the host, test and/or status
> color.

Great! That could be a nice feature.

> You can fetch it from http://www.nerdvana.org/eric/files/eventlog-patch

Will look it over.

> It could probably use a little refinement.  Right now if a user wants
> to specify a start/end date, they have to use a very strict format:
>
> ccyy/mm/dd at hh:mm:ss
>
> I considering doing dropdowns in the event_form webfile, but that would
> either have to have years in the future (2006,2007, etc) or would have
> to be updated every year.

No, it should be possible to do that - e.g. the report form has
drop-downs that are generated dynamically (look at the
~hobbit/web/report_form template - "&REPYEARLIST" is replaced
automatically by a sensible list of years.

> If there's another code-savvy person out that that might want to take a
> swing at this, have at it :)

Guess I will, then :-)