[hobbit] Weblogic

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Aug 3 07:41:37 CEST 2005

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 10:08:34PM -0400, Galen Johnson wrote:
> David Garaway wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have any experience in monitoring BEA Weblogic with Hobbit
> > or BB?
> >
> I think I saw something about beastat somewhere...

Yeah, if you look around in the Hobbit directory there is a utility
called "beastat" which will collect some BEA performance statistics.
However, it uses SNMP to collect the data - it runs the Net-SNMP
"snmpwalk" utility - and experience shows that's not always working
well. BEA sometimes sends back larger responses than snmpwalk can
handle, and that trips up the entire data collection.

If you want to try playing with it, see this mail:
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2005/06/msg00010.html
Note: Due to the mail archive's obfuscating of e-mail adresses
some of the commands shown include a "public (at) Domain1" string.
You really should write "public at Domain1".