apache perf monitoring leaves http test purple

Tom Georgoulias tgeorgoulias at mcclatchy.com
Fri Apr 29 21:48:33 CEST 2005

I set up Apache performance monitoring today and it's pretty cool.
apache.rrd is filling up with data, graphs are working fine and
displaying in my trends page, yada yada yaday.  I did run into a problem
though, my http column remains purple even though I didn't configure
Hobbit to monitor a specific url.

This is the entry in bb-hosts:

0.0.0.0 hostname.domain.com #
"apache=http://1.2.3.4:80/server-status?auto"
LARRD:*,vmstat:vmstat|vmstat3|vmstat4|vmstat5,apache:apache|apache2|apache3

The http column remains purple, and clicking through to the status page
shows a blank purple page with no data whatsoever and an empty "HTTP
Response Times Last 48 Hours" graph.

What can I do to get rid of this status, w/o having to set up a http
test that points to a proper website?

Tom