cgi bb-hostedit script released

Schwimmer, Eric E *HS EES2Y at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Thu Apr 28 18:46:41 CEST 2005

Howdy all,

I finally got my mrtg graphing problems fixed (I ended up just using mrtg to poll ifc traffic data, and tweaked hobbit-larrd a bit to work with my snmp data collector that collects cpu & error info).

Anyways, now that that is done, I had a some time to spend working on a gui
hosts editor for hobbit/bigbrother (although the bigbrother support has not been tested, as I dont really have a bigbrother system to test it on any more).

This script should handle just about every option that the bb-hosts file supports, including nested file includes (include, dispinclude, etc), titles,
groups, etc etc.  Its still in a nascent phase at the moment, so I would strongly suggest backing up your host files somewhere safe before playing around with it (although the script also supports file archival, as well).

You can download the script at:
http://www.nerdvana.org/eric/files/bb-hostedit-1.0.tar.gz

Please let me know what you think,

Regards,