[hobbit] Two minor items on hobbit (very minor)

Tom Georgoulias tgeorgoulias at mcclatchy.com
Thu Apr 28 17:09:18 CEST 2005

Henrik Stoerner wrote:

> I've been running Hobbit for a few months on my backup system, so I
> knew it was working OK. But this past Tuesday I put Hobbit on our
> production system.

Taking the plunge, eh?  Glad you could join those of us who have already
entrusted our systems with your handiwork!  ;)

> The reactions so far have been very positive.

As they have been here, and I'm sure most everywhere else.  Hobbit
provides such a good window into the everyday life of a network that
it's just impossible to think about operating without it.  I feel like I
have a finger on the pulse of nearly everything that is happening at a
given moment (or at least all of the pulses I've configured to be able
to put my "finger" on :).

We've caught so many problems before they became *real* problems that
there's absolutely no way I'd go back to the non-Hobbit days.  None.

Thanks a lot Henrik.  Hobbit is a wonderful tool.

Tom