[hobbit] Depends tag question

Stuffle, David dstuffle at deltafaucet.com
Mon Apr 25 14:44:46 CEST 2005

Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> Going through my mail in preparation for 4.0.3, I don't
> think I've answered this one:
>
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 07:27:44AM -0500, Stuffle, David
> wrote:
>> I have the depends tag on one of our hosts and I'm
>> confused on why it goes clear occasionally.  This is
>> what I have in the hosts file:
>>
>> 0.0.0.0	www.deltafaucet.com  # noconn
>> http://12.159.193.35 depends=(http:firewall/http)
>>
>> The http test on www.deltafaucet.com has gone clear
>> about 4 or 5 times in the past week while the http test
>> on "firewall" has stayed green the whole time.  Each
>> time it goes clear, it's only for less than a minute,
>> sometimes just a few seconds.  Shouldn't clear events on
>> www.deltafaucet.com match up with red events on
>> "firewall"?
>
> If you go to the www.deltafaucet.com http-column and view
> the history, then the detailed status for one of these
> "clear" reports - what does it say ? If it's because of a
> failed dependency, then it should say that on the
> historical status log.
>

> Regards,
> Henrik

> hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

It does say it's because of a failed dependency.  It says the firewall/http
failed.  But, the firewall has no failed reports during that time.  It's
been green for a long time, no failures in the logs.

Also, I'm getting inconsistent behaviour using the tag "badhttp:1:2:3" on a
host.  Once it went red and then clear, another time it went clear then red
over an hour later.  I haven't quite nailed down what it's doing but it
doesn't seem right.  From what I understand, it should go clear-yellow-red
corresponding to the first-second-third failed test.

David Stuffle
Delta Faucet Company

those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.