[hobbit] Hobbit 4.02 and Patches..

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Apr 21 11:15:15 CEST 2005

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 05:15:33PM +0200, lars ebeling wrote:

> Henrik Stoerner <henrik at hswn.dk> wrote:
> I don't know if it's just you or the HP-UX environment you're using,?
>
> I don't think it's me, or at least don't hope so.

I was just joking. I'm actually quite happy that you report these
bugs, because for some reason your setup exercises all of the
corner-cases that Hobbit should handle OK, but where it is easy to
implement something that works "most of the time". But "most of the
time" just isn't good enough for a critical system such as Hobbit -
monitoring has to work *all* of the time.

So your testing of Hobbit really is useful as quality control.

> I have been working with computers in 30 years. Started to learn
> Algol on a DataSaab D21. Then COBOL on IBM 360/65. (Also learnt
> PL/1, APL, Assembler and Databus) All programs were on punched
> cards.

Punch cards ... I just missed those, my class at the university was
the first one to use 8" floppy disks instead of punch-cards.