[hobbit] Hobbit 4.02 and Patches..

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Apr 20 08:01:20 CEST 2005

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 07:49:05AM +0200, lars ebeling wrote:

> Does this mean that I should forget that this doesn't work for me?
>  I'm reinstalling hobbit again and again. As I wrote before when I
>  shut down Apache the tests, that I wanted to disable hours ago,
>  suddenly are disabled when I start Apache again.

I've seen your report about this, but haven't had much time to follow
up on it.

When exactly does the system "hang" as you describe - when you click
the "Apply" button on the disable form ? Or before the form ever
appears ?

Does it hang also if you use the disable function from the "info"
column page ?

If you do a "ps" listing of the processes spawned by Apache, is there
a "hobbit-enadis" CGI running when this happens ? If there is, could
you add "--debug" to the hobbit-enadis.cgi command in
~/cgi-secure/hobbit-enadis.sh and let me know what that reports when
you hit the "Apply" button ?

Also, you can try killing the hobbit-enadis process when it hangs with
a "kill -6 PID" - that should make it core-dump, although I'm not
quite sure where this core file ends up since it runs as a CGI
script. You may have to add a "cd /tmp" in the hobbit-enadis.sh CGI
wrapper to get it to core-dump in /tmp. If you find such a dump, it
would be interesting if you could get the stacktrace:

    $ gdb hobbit/server/bin/hobbit-enadis.cgi /tmp/core
    gdb> bt