[hobbit] Hobbit 4.02 and Patches..

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Apr 20 07:42:10 CEST 2005

On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 04:05:29PM -0700, Bob Gordon wrote:

> I have been seeing several patches floating around for 4.02 and am not
> sure of the order of application.   What order are they applied in and
> are they all located off the demo site?

There are 3 patches available from the "Demo Site -> Downloads"
directory:

hobbit-4.0.2-acknowledge.patch : Patch for the broken acknowledgment
handling in Hobbit 4.0.2 (ack's are not working)

hobbit-4.0.2-setup.patch : Patch for a filedescriptor leak during
the "make install" process. If you installed Hobbit successfully, you
do not need this one.

hobbit-4.0.2-alertscript.patch : Patch for the HTML link to the status
not being included in the default alert message for scripts.

You can install these in any order, I think. The only critical one is
the first.

Finally, there is a patch around that replaces the perl-based
enable/disable script (maint.pl) with a native Hobbit tool. This is
somewhat more "experimental" since it hasn't really had much testing,
although I do plan on deploying it to my production system later
today. Apply this last - You'll find it at
http://www.hswn.dk/beta/maintenance-feature-v2.patch